Have you made any resolutions for 2016? Have you broken them already?
Here’s an easy one to keep – resolve to take good care of your feet this year! All too often our feet are taken for granted or even neglected as they carry us thousands of steps each day. By investing in a few inexpensive products – and some time – you’ll be treating your feet right so they treat you right too.
Resolve to take care of your feet every day with these tips:
- Check your feet daily including between the toes and the bottom of the foot. Watch for areas that could cause trouble: foot fungus, cracked skin and cuts or punctures that are not healing. Contact Klein Foot and Ankle Specialists if these or any other foot or ankle problems persist.
- Clean your feet every day. Wash in warm, soapy water with a bathing sponge or soft washcloth. Dry carefully especially between the toes.
- Use a pumice stone on damp heels and soles to smooth away dry skin.
- Follow up with a moisturizer. Apply balm with shea butter or an emollient cream to the entire foot, but not between the toes. Moisturize toenails with cuticle cream or petroleum jelly.
- Trim toenails weekly and be sure to cut straight across rather than rounded. If you visit nail salons, check for cleanliness and proper licensing.
- Did you get gift cards during the holidays? Invest in your feet by shopping for supportive shoes and thick, comfortable socks. Heels should be no higher than 2 inches. Look for a roomy toe box and a firm heel that doesn’t slip. Shop for shoes later in the day when feet are largest and measure both feet each time you shop.
- Protect your feet by avoiding going barefoot and don’t wear flimsy flip-flops. You can find sturdy sandals and flip-flops that support the feet. Shield feet from the sun with sunscreen. If venturing out in rain or snow, wear warm, waterproof shoes with moisture-wicking socks.
- Make stretching the feet and toes a regular part of your exercise routine to keep them flexible and in tip-top shape.
Our online shoe store has a wide variety of stylish and comfortable shoes and foot care products to keep you cozy and looking your best.
We’re Here To Help with Any Foot and Ankle Pain
Dr. Barry Klein and Dr. Debra Klein, board certified podiatrists have extensive experience with all types of foot and ankle issues. Please call us today for an appointment at our convenient offices. Reach our Pine Hill office at 856-783-3366 or our Florence office at 609-499-1181 or request an appointment via email. Take care of your feet in 2016 and they’ll carry you many more miles in comfort.